Making Your Own Kale Gnocchi Is Easy With This Healthy 6-Ingredient Recipe
Felicia, the food blogger behind Felicia's Fab Foodz, shared her kale gnocchi recipe on Instagram, and it definitely rivals the store-bought version. "I took the ingredients off TJ’s kale gnocchi packaging, guesstimated the proportions, and bam—she’s a winner," she said. "If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, want to have some fun making your own, or just have some kale to use up, give this recipe a shot."
"If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, want to have some fun making your own, or just have some kale to use up, give this recipe a shot."
While Trader Joe's kale gnocchi is made with whole-food ingredients, Amy Gorin, MS, RDN, says there's one downside: "If you eat the whole package, that’s more than half the daily value of sodium. So stick with just a serving if you can," she says. With Felicia's recipe, that isn't a problem. She also uses simple ingredients—just kale, potato starch, chickpea flour, olive oil, and water—but there's only a tiny teaspoon of salt.
Try making a batch for yourself using the kale gnocchi recipe below. And pro tip: If you need a great sauce, these options will pair flawlessly.
View this post on Instagram
Kale gnocchi recipe
2 cups packed kale leaves
2/3 cup potato starch
2/3 cup chickpea flour (plus more for rolling)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 tsp salt
1. Combine kale, olive oil, and water in a blender. Blend until very smooth.
2. In a bowl, mix potato starch, chickpea flour, and salt. Pour in blender mixture and mix until dough is formed.
3. Divide the dough and roll into logs on a lightly floured surface.
4. Slice into gnocchi-sized pieces.
5. Optional: Roll with a fork to create ridges.
6. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place gnocchi in and boil until it floats to the surface, about 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Strain and rinse with cold water.
8. Optional: Pan fry or bake at 425°F until golden brown, around 30 minutes.
9. Serve with sauce/seasonings of choice. Enjoy!
Next up, learn how to make sweet potato gnocchi:
For more healthy recipes and cooking ideas from our community, join Well+Good’s Cook With Us Facebook group.
Loading More Posts...