Meet the Secret Ingredient That Gives These Easy-to-Make Weeknight Recipes a Flavor Boost
The lazy, dog days of summer are officially in the past, and you're getting settled into your fall groove. Or, more accurately, getting your head around the idea that your calendar is now more packed than ever.
Of course, a fuller schedule means you’re looking for some corners to cut—and often, one of the first things to go is all that time spent in the kitchen. But before you become BFFs with your takeout delivery guy (real problem), we've rounded up a trio of tasty, easy-to-make recipes made for those nights when you just can't deal with complicated recipes.
The common ingredient? MaraNatha almond butters. Yep, your favorite healthy toast spread is way more versatile than you think—and home cooks in-the-know swear by MaraNatha for its flavor factor and seriously smooth (or crunchy, if you prefer) texture. Made from top-notch California almonds, it's filled with consistent flavor in each teaspoon (or cup). Making hummus with almond butter? It's happening.
Scroll down for 3 simple, creative recipes you need to try now—all made with almond butter.
Creamy Almond Butter Hummus
Yields three ½ cup servings
1/4 cup MaraNatha Almond Butter Creamy (No Stir)
1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp water as needed for smooth blending
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
2. Serve with pita chips, carrot sticks, celery, cucumber slices, bell pepper slices, and whatever else your heart (or stomach) desires.
Cilantro Chicken Wraps With Creamy Almond Butter Sauce
Yields about 1 cup sauce; serves 4
4 multigrain tortillas
12 oz. broiled chicken breast strips
2 to 3 slices red onion
1 Tbsp MaraNatha Almond Butter Creamy (No Stir)
1/2 cup organic or natural light mayonnaise
1/4 cup organic or natural light sour cream
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
1. Place all sauce ingredients in a medium size bowl. Whisk until smooth.
2. Place large tortilla on a flat surface and cover with green leaf lettuce. Spread 2–3 tablespoons sauce over lettuce, followed by grilled chicken breast, shredded carrots, red onion slices (to taste), and 8–10 cilantro leaves.
3. Fold in sides of tortilla, roll, and dig in.
Linguine Tossed With Stir Fry Vegetables And Soy-Almond Butter Sauce
Yields 4-6 servings
8 oz pkg. linguine noodles
1 cup vegetable broth
1 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
3-4 Tbsp voy sauce (to taste)
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
1/4 tsp red chili flakes (to taste)
1/2 cup MaraNatha No Stir Almond Butter, Creamy or Crunchy
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup snow peas or sugar snap peas
1 cup shredded carrots
1. Cook noodles as directed, drain, and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Sauté ginger and garlic for 30 seconds. Add almond butter, vegetable broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chili flakes. Whisk together until smooth. On medium high heat bring to a slight boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 7 minutes.
In partnership with MaraNatha
Top photo: Stocksy/Natasa Mandic
Loading More Posts...