Like many successful entrepreneurs, Beautified co-founder Annie Evans came up with the idea for the app, which lets you book same-day beauty appointments and fitness classes in New York City, because she actually needed it.
“I used to work events and marketing in the magazine world,” Evans says. “An hour before an event, I’d find myself frantically Googling and calling salons to get a blowout. I thought, ‘Why isn’t there something like Uber or Seamless that’s a trusted source for beauty?'”
From there, Evans teamed up with co-founders Hannah Bronfman and Peter Hananel to build the app, which features a curated selection of salons like The Setai Spa and Soho Sanctuary, and workouts like Taryn Toomey’s The Class, Physique 57, and SLT. (Beautified will launch in Los Angeles in 2015.)
Of course, Evans credits healthy-leaning Bronfman with bringing her over to the “green side” of beauty, and she’s now a fan of natural products, which plays out in some of Beautified’s collaborations, with Net-A-Porter, for example, which stocks a Beautified natural travel beauty kit.
See what Evans’ is using when she’s not booking a quick salon trip, below. —Jamie McKillop
1. Earth Tu Face Skin Stick ($34) I love this multipurpose skin stick for on-the-go touch-ups. It’s great for traveling or throwing in your clutch when you’re tight on space. You can use it wherever. Cuticles, to your cheek bones, to your elbows. It keeps you from getting dry patches. I have one on my desk and one at home.
2. Tammy Fender Bulgarian Lavender Body Oil ($65) I am completely obsessed with the lavender body oil from Tammy Fender. I’m planning to check out her spa in Palm Beach when I’m home for the holidays. Again, Hannah told me about it and she brought me a bottle for my birthday when I turned 35. I use it after the shower, and it leaves my skin so perfect: not too oily, but it keeps you from getting dry. Plus it smells amazing.
3. Well-Kept Wipes ($5) These towelettes help keep my iPhone screen clean from bacteria to prevent breakouts. I’m currently loving their newest pattern, The Drive, which gives a portion of proceeds to ALS awareness. Ever since I started using them, my skin has cleared up dramatically.
4. RGB X Beautified Nude Nail Polish ($18) We are huge fans of non-toxic polish line RGB, so we did a collab with them. And I am obsessed with the nude shade. It’s the perfect color that looks good on every skin tone and goes with everything. I love the packaging and that it’s five-free. You know you’re not putting toxins into your nailbeds.
5. Rahua Voluminous Spray ($11) I use this every day to create the tousled beachy wave look. I use it when my hair is dry—I spray it in and run my fingers through. It creates a perfect light hold that gives a polished, effortless look.
For more information, visit www.getbeautified.com
Loading More Posts...