Jacey Duprie—founder of the blog Damsel in Dior—wants to make sure women never feel like a damsel in distress, no matter how much they have going on. “I hope to inspire people to wake up every day feeling stylish,” says the Angeleno, who also loves green juices and running.
Duprie began her site as a creative outlet, turning it into a full-time gig three years ago, which she says was “the best decision” she’s ever made. As part of chasing “the latest and greatest,” the pretty ("extra") blonde is constantly in search of the next best product. “Beauty is a very important element to the blog,” she says. “I didn't realize that until I chopped my hair several months ago and had such a strong—thankfully, positive—reaction for my readers!”
The 31-year-old is no natural-beauty novice. Duprie credits her facialist with introducing her to clean products six years ago. “I saw such a drastic change in my skin—natural products brighten and make my skin glow,” she says.
Here are Duprie’s five natural must-haves right now. —Sari Anne Tuschman
1. Shiva Rose Face Oil ($85) It wasn't until I sat next to Shiva Rose at a luncheon that I learned the wonderful impact oils can have on your skin. I absolutely love her Face Oil and use it every night.
2. Ilia Beauty Sheer Vivid Tinted Moisturizer ($42) When I worked at E! Entertainment I would hang out in the makeup room and watch the girls get dolled up. I learned the importance of a good tinted moisturizer, especially during the summer months. This one is light and good for everyday wear. I'm hooked!
3. Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque ($20) I've been coloring my hair extra blonde lately so a deep-conditioning masque is a must! I absolutely love the smell of this nut-oil conditioner, so much so that I look forward to my weekly treatment.
4. Burt's Bees Hand Salve ($7) My Dad actually introduced me to Burt's Bees years ago. He's a cotton farmer and has found their hand salve to be the best cure for his cracked hands at the end of a long harvest season. My favorite thing to do is coat this on my hands, put socks on them, and then hold them under a heating pad. An instant spa treatment at home!
5. Eden Bodyworks Hair Oil ($10) I was recently introduced to this new, natural hair-care line at Target. You can count me in for anything that stimulates new hair growth and smells like a slice of heaven.
For more information, visit www.damselindior.com
(Photo: Damsel in Dior)
Loading More Posts...