You Won’t Even Need to Turn on the Oven for This No-Bake Cookie Recipe With Chocolate and Peanut Butter
Sammi Haber Brondo, RD, the New York City-based registered dietitian behind the popular food blog and Instagram account @veggiesandchocolate, recently shared her go-to no-bake cookie recipe that's perfect when you don't have any butter, flour, or eggs at home. It only requires things you'll generally already have tucked away in your pantry. "Not only are these chocolate peanut butter cookies easy to make and delicious but, as a bonus, they're also made with all pantry staples and long-lasting ingredients. Basically just peanut butter, coconut oil, chocolate chips, and oats," she says.
As a health expert, it's no surprise her cookies also come with some benefits aside from the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter. "The bulk of them is made up of oats, which makes them super filling," she says. "With fiber from the oats, plus protein and healthy fats from the peanut butter, they work as either a healthy mid-afternoon snack or dessert." Pro tip: You can totally eat them for breakfast, too. It's basically like eating oatmeal in cookie-form, right?
Chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookie recipe
Makes 10 cookies
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup oats
1. Add the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and chocolate chips to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently, until all ingredients are well mixed and melted.
2. Add in vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and mix to combine.
3. Add in oats and turn the heat down to low. Continue to stir until the mixture is thick and cohesive and the oats soften slightly. If it still seems too wet, add more oats.
4. Remove from heat. Place heaping spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased baking sheet, using the back of the spoon to shape into round, cookie shapes.
5. Place in the refrigerator to harden for at least 30 minutes. Keep stored in the refrigerator.
And here's how to make healthy chocolate chip cookies:
These low-glycemic desserts will help you enjoy a sweeter sleep tonight. Then find out why Trader Joe's dehydrated strawberries are the best healthy dessert secret weapon.
Loading More Posts...