POV: You’ve set an intention to move more this year. But while making a commitment to yourself is a great place to start (congrats, by the way!), a new routine can feel intimidating, fitness newbie or not. So... now what?
You could hire a coach, you could start an exercise log, you could sync up with friends, or you could have all of that (and more) with wearable technology. From tracking your heart rate on a morning jog to connecting with your family and friends over virtual fitness challenges, the new Samsung Galaxy Watch51 is chock-full of seriously cool features designed to help you stick to your fitness intention—and enjoy it, too.
Starting the new year with a new commitment to your physical well-being is brave. Consider Galaxy Watch5 your all-in-one cheerleader, coach, workout buddy, and exercise journal ready to help you embrace the journey and keep you inspired, every step of the way.
Keep reading to learn more about the fitness-focused smartwatch features on Samsung Galaxy Watch5.
Shop Samsung Galaxy Watch5 Series for 50% off at T-Mobile2
1. Get to know your body better with body-composition analysis (BIA)
Fitness is about getting in touch with yourself, physically and emotionally—and adding Galaxy Watch5 to your wrist gives you insider intel. As you move throughout your day, whether you’re crushing a sweat session or taking a leisurely coffee stroll, various smartwatch features work to accrue body-composition stats3. Get readings on body water, skeletal muscle, basal metabolic rate, and more are at your (literal) fingertips to help you operate at your best. This is the year of getting to know your body better.
2. Monitor your heart rate with improved sensor accuracy
As you kick off your fitness regimen, remember that your choice of movement and exertion is yours—and only yours—to determine. One easy, individualized way to gauge your effort is via your heart rate4 and understanding it will help you get the most out of your workout. Galaxy Watch5 is making that more accurate than ever, thanks to an improved BioActive Sensor constructed with a curved design to get closer to your skin. You can manage your wellness and get smart about your heart without skipping a beat (or a burpee).
3. Never miss an active moment with Auto Workout Tracking
Hear the good news, fitness newbies: Exercise isn’t limited to super-sweaty gym time. To help you maximize every active moment throughout your day, the Auto Workout Tracking feature on Galaxy Watch5 recognizes popular outdoor activities in real time, like running, rowing, and swimming (yep, it’s water-resistant5). And beyond that auto-recognition, you can manually log more than 90 exercises. Time to try—and track—that outdoor HIIT class you’ve been eyeing.
4. Personalize your fitness routine with group challenges and target setting
Finding a fitness friend is key to your consistency. Beyond making movement more fun, you'll keep each other motivated, focused, and connected—which can actually improve your consistency and output overall.
That’s why Samsung added group challenges and target setting to its list of new smartwatch features6. No matter where you are, you can work out with your crew via friendly competition, live challenges, and shared messages to help you stay inspired and hit your targets together. Your fitness journey is a personalized one—but you don’t have to go at it alone.
5. Give your watch some personal flair with customized designs
And speaking of personalization, you can customize your wrist to match your mood. Into color contrast these days, loving rose gold, or ever-loyal to neutrals? The new Galaxy Watch5 now comes in an array of watch-face and band choices (because workout gear that feels like you is inherently motivating). Go ahead, show off your personal style while you crush your fitness goals, all year long.
Want to try it for yourself? Get Samsung Galaxy Watch5 for 50 percent off at T-Mobile when you add a qualifying watch line.2
1. All features shown require smartphone with Android 8.0 or later, 1.5GB or more RAM and Samsung Health app (free) version 6.22 or later.
2. Offer available when you add a qualifying watch line. If you cancel wireless service before receiving 24 bill credits, credits stop and balance on required finance agreement is due.
3. The Samsung BIA is a body analyzer that uses bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) technology to track body composition based on weight, body fat, body mass index (BMI), skeletal muscle, body water, and basal metabolic rate (BMR) measurements. It is not intended to specifically diagnose or treat a medical condition.
4. The heart rate software functions are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease.
5. Consistent with IP68 rating, water-resistant in up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. Rinse residue / dry after wet.
6. All participants must have the latest version of the Samsung Health app, downloadable via Galaxy Store and/or Google Play Store.
Loading More Posts...