The second you press play on one of Tabitha Brown‘s recipe videos, you instantly feel like you’re hanging out with your new best friend. The vegan chef is known for her ability to make cooking healthy plant-based meals both fun and easy. One of her best breakfast recipes is a to-die-for chocolate banana cinnamon toast. Some might even say it’s better than any classic French toast recipe.
As part of a partnership with Sabra, the TikTok star came up with some new vegan recipes that help you create healthy meals with minimal effort. This chocolate banana cinnamon toast makes you feel like you’re devouring a decadent dessert when in fact you’re eating a plant-based breakfast that’s packed with protein. The not-so-secret star ingredient is a dessert hummus.
“I had never had chocolate hummus before, but once I tried it, my whole life changed. You already have the health benefits from it; it’s not like other chocolates or syrups or anything like that. And I thought why not make a little toast,” Brown tells Well+Good. “Add the chocolate and the bananas, and put a little powered sugar and syrup on there. It makes it look mouth-watering.”
While this recipe is something Brown says her kids love, it’s a perfect option for adults, too. I mean, who doesn’t want to wake up to a chocolate-y vegan French toast? The recipe is simple enough that you can throw it together in less than 15 minutes.
Tabitha Brown’s chocolate banana cinnamon toast
Yields 2 pieces of toast
2 slices cinnamon raisin bread
3 tablespoons Sabra Dark Chocolate Dessert Dip & Spread
6 slices of banana
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup
sprinkle of powdered sugar
1. Toast your bread to desired toastiness.
2. With a spoon, swirl to spread 1.5 tablespoons of Sabra Dark Chocolate Dessert Dip & Spread on each piece of toast.
3. Add the banana slices to one piece of bread and sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Add the other piece of bread on top (chocolate side to the banana).
5. Slice in half diagonally. Add to a plate with some extra sliced banana and fresh strawberries.
6. Drizzle the maple syrup over top and complete with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? Here’s what an RD says:
Loading More Posts...