Tabitha Brown Just Convinced Me That Hummus Is the Best Pizza Topping
As part of a partnership with Sabra, the vegan chef created a fully vegan pizza that gets a protein-packed upgrade thanks to the addition of hummus. "It takes the place of cheese. And if you don't want to use the original hummus, you can also switch things up with the red pepper hummus," she says. "It's quick, easy, and you don't have to wait for the cheese to melt." Well, I'm officially sold.
Apart from the hummus spread, Brown's hummus flatbread pizza also includes black olives, mushrooms, red bell peppers, spinach, and onion. And you can't forget about the pineapple tidbits—something she added in for her son, who's a big fan of topping his pizza with the fruit. The next time you want a simple and satisfying plant-based dinner option, try Brown's recipe for yourself below.
Tabitha Brown's hummus flatbread pizza
1 rectangular flatbread
4 teaspoons pizza sauce
3 tablespoons Sabra Classic Hummus
1 tablespoon sliced black olives
1 tablespoon chopped mushrooms
1 tablespoon chopped red bell peppers
1 tablespoon chopped spinach
1 tablespoon chopped onion
2 tablespoons pineapple tidbits or fresh pineapple pieces
½ teaspoon garlic powder, divided
1. Preheat oven to 500°F.
2. Brush pizza sauce to the edges of the flatbread. Swirl to spread the Sabra Classic Hummus to the edges of the flatbread.
3. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of the garlic powder over the flatbread.
4. Add the black olives, mushrooms, red bell pepper, spinach, onion, and pineapple tidbits.
5. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder over the pizza.
6. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the flatbread is a light golden brown.
7. Cool and cut the flatbread. Serve and enjoy.
Ready for dessert? Try this three-ingredient banana nice cream:
Oh hi! You look like someone who loves free workouts, discounts for cult-fave wellness brands, and exclusive Well+Good content. Sign up for Well+, our online community of wellness insiders, and unlock your rewards instantly.
Loading More Posts...