Kennedy likes featuring the hard-working spice into to many of his recipes by pairing it with black pepper, which not only enhances the healing benefits, but the taste as well. "What's great about turmeric is that is plays well with both sweet and savory combinations," he says.
Here, Kennedy shares his recipes for a turmeric tahini dressing, turmeric almonds, and a golden milk latte—all of which take less than 15 minutes to make. Check out the following step-by-step breakdown for the recipes, including a video that shows exactly how it's done.
Have 15 minutes to spare? Check out three quick-to-make recipes starring turmeric below.
Turmeric tahini dressing
1. Add all ingredients except tahini and warm water to a blender and mix on high for two minutes until smooth.
2. Reduce the speed of blender, add water, and drizzle in the tahini. Blend until smooth. Let sit.
1. Combine all ingredients together in mixing bowl.
2. Spread evenly on small cooking tray and bake at 325°F for 12 min, or until the color darkens and spices are aromatic.
Golden milk latte
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup almond milk
1-inch fresh turmeric
1/2 piece of sliced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
2 cinnamon sticks (one for each cup)
Black peppercorn (4 peppercorns each)
1 1/2 Tbsp honey or preferred sweetener
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Simmer coconut milk with turmeric—both fresh and dried—ginger, cinnamon, black peppercorn, and honey for 12 min.
2. Strain into blender and add coconut oil. Blend on high for 30 seconds. Serve.
Loading More Posts...