If you keep using a rolled-up towel as a bath pillow, we're here to blow your mind. Or at least, make your bath time significantly more luxurious with just one new addition: a bath pillow. The right pillow can elevate your bath from "ouch" to "ahh," trust. Below are 11 of the highest-ranked and most-loved pillows on the web. Grab your bath salts and a good book—and get ready to cozy up with one of these pillows for your tub.
The best bath pillows at a glance:
- Best bath pillow for straight back tubs: Coastacloud, Bath Pillow, $23
- Best full-body bath pillow: Omystyle, Full Body Bath Pillow, $58
- Best inflatable bath pillow: Spa Prive, Bath Pillow, $20
- Best neck support bath pillow: Everlasting Comfort, Bath Pillow, $46
- Best machine washable bath pillow: Kadoona, Luxury Bathtub Pillow, $40
- Best eco-friendly bath pillow: Idle Hippo, Tencel Spa Bathtub Pillow, $26
- Best bath pillow that won’t deflate: Bath Haven, Bath Pillow (Deluxe), $63
- Best supportive bath pillow: Gorilla Grip, Spa Bath Pillow, $35
- Best bath pillow for back pain: Aerovivi, Full Body Bath Pillow with Lumbar Pillow, $55
- Best basic bath pillow: Bino, Non-Slip Cushioned Bath Pillow, $20
- Best lumbar bath pillow: Sunlit, Bath Jello Lumbar Pillow, $40
Bath pillow types
There’s no shortage of bath pillow brands on the market today, which means there is a wide variety of bath pillow types to choose from. Here’s what you’ll see on this list:
- Neck and shoulder pillows: This is the most common type of bath pillow you’ll see on our list. These use suction cups to stick to the upper back of the tub and cradle your head and shoulders. They’re made from foam or polyester and retain their shape both in and out of the water.
- Inflatable bath pillows: These pillows are intended to be inflated for use and deflated for storage. They can be a great pick for folks who don’t take baths that often, but can be trickier to clean.
- Full-body bath pillows: This type of pillow is typically around 50 inches long and adds cushion both above and below your bath water. They’re a great pick for anyone wanting padding under their hips and legs while they soak.
11 of the best bath pillows
Size: 11” L x 7” W x 3” D
If you have a straight-back tub, finding a bath pillow that fits well is tricky. This pillow is on the smaller side, so it can be adjusted easily and moved around until you find your sweet spot. Once you do, the two large suction cups will help keep the polyester mesh cushion in place.
- Easy-to-clean mesh
- Small size is great for stowing away
- May be too small for some
Size: 50″ L x 16″ W
When a pillow for your head isn’t enough, a full-body bath pillow does the trick. Whether your tub is a bit shallower than you’d like or you just want the extra plush support for your entire bod, this pillow delivers, and then some. It features 21 suction cups for a secure grip, memory foam cushioning, a headrest, and a quick-drying mesh fabric that customers say makes washing and drying a breeze. Just pop it in the included mesh bag for machine washing and use the attached hanger on top to air dry.
- Highly rated
- Easy to wash and air dry
- 21 suction cups for extra stick
- May be tougher to stow away
- Some customers say the mesh is scratchy
Size: 9.25″ L x 8″ W x 5.5″ D
This inflatable bath pillow from Spa Prive is not only functional but one of the better-looking options on our list. Once inflated, you can pop it onto the tub using the attached suction cups and relax on the soft layer of microfiber. Unfortunately, cleaning it is a bit of a chore, as it’s not machine washable. But, as it’s one of the lowest-priced picks on our list, that may not be a dealbreaker.
- Soft microfiber
- Deflatable for easy storage
- Not machine washable
- No color options
Size: 15” L x 14.5” W
Cradle your head and neck with this ergonomic pillow made with soft foam and a mesh cover that dries fast. The comfy and supportive pillow is adjustable to different types of tubs, so if you have a straight back or round tub, you can make it work for you.
- Highly rated
- Adjustable for various tub styles
- Not machine washable
Size: 17” L x 17” W
If you buy a bath pillow on the softer side, chances are you’ll want to wash it more since it’s not as easy to just shake off and dry as a vinyl-coated pillow. This pillow from Kandoona is made with a super-soft, cozy material that won’t stick to you when wet. Plus, you can toss it right in the wash (with the included mesh bag) and then hang it up to dry. When it comes to comfort, customers say it lives up to the hype, thanks to the extra shoulder padding on this pillow.
- Easy to machine wash with included mesh bag
- Soft cushion with extra shoulder padding
- No color options
Size: 14″ L x 13″ W
Made from organic Tencel, a plant-based material, this bath pillow is soft and dries quickly. If you’re looking for a cushioned pillow, this one delivers at four inches in thickness. You can also toss this pillow in the washing machine, and it comes in a convenient hook to hang dry.
- Soft, plant-based Tencel material
- Machine washable with built-in hook for drying
- Larger profile may make storage tricky
Size: 50″ L x 15″ W
Some pillows feel great while they’re dry, but once they hit the water, it’s a different story. This full-body length bath pillow is made with several layers of material that keep it fluffy while submerged in the tub. The downside is since it is so plush, it might take a while to dry.
- Cushion that won’t disappoint
- Highly rated pick
- No color options
- Takes a while to air dry
Size: 14.5” L x 11” W or 19.5” L x 14.5” W
If your tub is on the shallow side like mine, chances are you need more cushioning and support to make it comfortable. This Gorilla Grip Bath Pillow is super cushion-y, thick, and it won’t slip around thanks to seven different suction cups to hold it in place. It also comes in a wide variety of colors to match your bathroom and two different sizes. Plus, because it’s a waterproof bath pillow, it’s super easy to keep clean.
- Waterproof design prevents mold and mildew
- Thick cushion for support
- 6 colors and 2 size options
- Customers say it doesn’t grip well on curves
Size: 50” L x 17” W
When you have back pain, even the most enjoyable things (like a bath) can feel, well, not so enjoyable without the right support. Enter this adjustable, full-body bath pillow that has a lumbar support pillow. You can move the lumbar pillow around depending on where you want it, and there’s also a head and neck support pillow included. Plus, it’s another machine-washable pick.
- Lumbar pillow helps elevate knees for lower back relief
- Machine washable
- Some customers say there’s not enough suction cups
Size: 14.5” L x 11.5” W (Large) or 12.5” L x 12” W (Small)
If a no-frills, basic bath pillow that does the job without a lot of fuss is your jam, this pillow is it. Designed to support and cradle your head and neck, this simple design stays put with eight secure suction cups. And, if you want something even more low-profile, there’s a smaller-sized option, too. Once you’re done using it, all you need to do is rinse the pillow and lay it out to dry. See? No fuss!
- 2 colors and 2 size options
- Easy to rinse and air dry
- Not machine washable
Size: 15.5” L x 8.5” W x 5.25” D
If you’re hoping for a little cushion and support for your lower back, check out this lumbar pillow from Sunlit. It uses a flexible, jelly-like material in a honeycomb design to provide plushness without trapping water. When you’re done soaking, simply rinse off the pillow and let it air dry. Customers say this lumbar pillow is supportive and easy to maintain, but also warn that it’s on the large side.
- No fabric to clean
- Elastic, jelly-like cushion
- Only 2 suction cups
- May be too large for some tubs
Are bathtub pillows worth it?
As many of us can agree, baths are one of the cheapest forms of self-care, and they feel oh-so luxurious after a long day. All you technically need for a relaxing bath is a tub, hot water, and a plush towel to wrap up in afterward. Still, a lineup of nice-to-have upgrades can make all the difference.
Of course, this is only true if you actually take baths. If you’re short on space and only take the occasional soak, a bathtub pillow may not be a worthwhile purchase for you. For those on the fence, opting for one of the less expensive picks from our list can be a good way to see if a bath cushion changes your mind about bath time.
How to choose a bath pillow
Size: Before you make your pick of bathroom pillows, consider the size of your tub and your bathroom storage. While some of the pillows on our list are inflatable or foldable, others take up more space and will require storage space when not in use.
Cushion: While all of the bath pillows on this list will provide more cushion than the side of your tub, some are more plush than others. Also keep in mind where you’d like to feel cushioning—some pillows are intended for your neck and shoulders, while others focus on your whole body or lumbar spine.
Materials & care: The materials in your pillow will dictate how easy (or not so easy) it is to clean. Some pillows are machine washable, while others require hand washing or a simple rinse. Remember: cleaning your bath pillow is just as important as cleaning your bath towels. Plus, the better care you take of your bath pillow, the longer it’ll last.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do bath pillows work?
As long as you’ve got a quality bath pillow (with good suction cups for grip), a bath pillow can be an amazing addition to your tub. We should know, we’ve read hundreds of reviews from people who say getting a bath pillow was a game-changer for their bath time.
Where do you put a bath pillow?
Depending on the pillow and the shape of your tub, bath pillows typically stick on the upper back of your tub using suction cups. If your bathtub is curved, you may need to finagle the pillow a bit to get the suction just right. Note that full-body pillows don’t always stick very well to tubs with textured bottoms.
How do I keep my bath pillow from molding?
We’ve said it before, but we’ll say it again: bathroom hygiene is important! If you’re using a bath cushion regularly, it’s crucial that you clean it after each use. That means following the care instructions (pay attention to machine wash vs. hand wash!) and air drying the pillow thoroughly to prevent mold.
Loading More Posts...