When we asked Well+Good readers far and wide to name the titles they treasured the most in the dog days, they're picks were straight-up golden. Whether you're in the mood for a 200-page-long spiritual journey, fiction you can fall right into, or s(h)elf help, they have you covered. Below, find book recommendations that pair perfectly with any and every fall drink.
10 best book recommendations from Well+Good readers
1. Mastering Your Mean Girl by Melissa Ambrosini
This book is all about learning to how to say quiet to your inner-critic, so if you're ready to renovate the less positive parts of your mind, this is a must-read.
2. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
"I have never loved a character more than I loved Charly Gordon," read an Amazon review. Now, if that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is.
3. The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk, MD
I, too, love this book. It offers a scientific look at trauma that's neither daunting nor superficial, and reading it taught me so much I didn't know about the human brain.
4. A Dream About Lightning Bugs: A Life of Music and Cheap Lessons by Ben Folds
If essay collections for interesting people are your literary flavor, put this one on hold at your local library—and fast.
5. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
As if the title weren't enough to make you want to snatch this book up, its ratings will convince you. Almost 1,000 readers have reviewed the book on Amazon and it still has 4.7/5 stars.
6. Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals by Rachel Hollis
Rachel Hollis' Girl, Wash Your Face became an instant best-seller back in 2017 and her next book is on track to be just as buzzy. This time, she's dolling out wisdom on how to reach your full potential.
7. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Need I write a blurb for Pride & Prejudice? It's a classic. And if you haven't read it since high school lit class, it's definitely worth a re-read.
8. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
Mention the name of this book and everyone in your immediate vicinity will let out a respectful sigh. Marquez's masterpiece is widely loved, so why not join the fan club?
9. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment by Eckhart Tolle
If a spiritual quest is what you seek, then buckle up and read Tolle's The Power of Now. After my first pass through of this read, I literally just stared at my wall for an hour. Because, wow, what is life?
10. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
This book truly was the toast of summer. Even Reese Witherspoon stamped it with her book club's seal of approval.
Loading More Posts...