This Delicious, Single-Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie Is Secretly Vegan
Recipe developer Justine Doiron, who runs the blog Justine Snacks, is behind this tasty Levain Bakery-inspired dessert. It’s so perfect if you want a quick dessert, plus it tastes like the real thing. The batter comes together in minutes and "will save you a trip to Levain bakery,” she says of the cookie, which she describes as “massive, gooey, and chewy.” Yum!
View this post on Instagram
Doiron explains that getting every measurement exactly right, especially the flour, is extremely important since we are working with a single serving here. Measuring in grams for this vegan cookie recipe is preferred, but the Justine Snacks blogger also shares the measurements in cup format below. If tonight’s a "chocolate chip cookie for one" type of night, follow this satisfying recipe.
Single-serving vegan Levain-style chocolate chip cookie
35 grams (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil at room temperature
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1 shallow Tbsp almond milk
3 Tbsp chocolate chips of choice
1. In a small bowl, add the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
2. Using a large bowl and fork, mix together the coconut oil and brown sugar until they become a well-combined paste. Add vanilla and mix again.
3. Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet and mix. (Justine’s note: It will seem like you have WAY too much flour, but don't panic! Keep mixing until you get a gravelly texture.) Add in the remaining dry ingredients and continue whisking. Once you have a well-dispersed, crumb-like texture, you can move onto the next step.
4. Pour in the almond milk and give it a quick mix with a fork. Now use your hands to form it into dough.
5. Add the chocolate chips and form the dough into a tall cone shape. Place in the fridge to chill.
6. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
7. Bake your cookie dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8-12 minutes. Doiron notes to check on your cookie at the 8-minute mark, and then every two minutes from there until it has reached your desired look and a golden brown color.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 to 30 minutes. At this time, the cookie will still bake for a bit while it’s out of the oven, so it’s important to let it cool.
9. Serve and enjoy.
Hungry for a bigger batch of vegan chocolate chip cookies? Check out this recipe from our Alt-Baking Bootcamp show:
For more healthy recipes and cooking ideas from our community, join Well+Good’s Cook With Us Facebook group.
Loading More Posts...