You May Also Like

nike air society podcast

How these two mega-successful women channeled (literal) sweat into their career goals

Well+Good - The 3 key pieces to pulling off street style like Bella Hadid

The 3 key pieces to pulling off street style like Bella Hadid

Is eating eggs every day healthy

Eating this ketogenic diet staple every day could lower your risk of heart disease

Is catching up on sleep a myth?

You can pay off “sleep debt” by snoozing longer on weekends, a study suggests

Those sunscreen pills you've seen are a total scam—and super dangerous, says the FDA

Warning: Sunscreen pills don’t work, the FDA says

Energy vampires and how to keep them away

How to deal if someone in your life is an “energy vampire”

The eating philosophy that Miranda Kerr is crazy about


Thumbnail for The eating philosophy that Miranda Kerr is crazy about
Pin It
Photo: Instagram/@mirandakerr

Supermodel Miranda Kerr has a serious weakness for triple-cream goat cheese. Seriously. So how does she stay healthy and fit (and seriously ab-tastic)? According to her cover story in Australian magazine Gritty Pretty as reported by Yahoo!, the former Victoria’s Secret model lives by the 80/20 diet.

“I try my best to eat healthy, organic foods 80 percent of the time but it’s also important not to deprive yourself of things because then you just crave it more and rather than eating one piece of chocolate, you’ll devour the whole block,” Kerr tells Gritty Pretty.

The 80/20 idea is simple: Eat nutritious foods the majority of the time (80 percent), and eat less healthy foods the other 20 percent (yes, that includes goat cheese). Nutritionist Teresa Cutter, author of The 80/20 Diet, advises that the 20 percent indulgence should be once a week, not per day, however. You could also opt for a cheat day once a week and be mindful about eating healthy the other six days.

Many nutritionists believe the 80/20 rule is a great way to practice moderation and balance, as opposed to being super strict. According to Yumi Lee, Reebok CrossFit LAB co-owner and celeb trainer, it’s a useful rule of thumb for your eating habits: “You can’t be 100 percent all of the time, but you can be 80 percent all of the time,” Yumi tells Popsugar. She recommends small, frequent meals throughout the day, aiming to make healthy choices 80 percent of the time. And, according to Kerr herself, it helps her avoid overeating.

What else does ultra-fit Kerr like to eat, 20 percent of the time? She reveals to the Australian magazine that her biggest indulgences are french fries and homemade apple pie.

Her fitness philosophy isn’t crazy regimented, either: “Sure, when I have a big event or a photo shoot, I tend to work out a bit harder or focus on the areas that are going to be visible,” she tells Gritty Pretty. “For example, at the Met Ball, my midriff was visible so I focused a bit more on abs that week.”

A diet that allows for the occasional detour for a special occasion (or just a Netflix and chill snackfest)?  Doesn’t sound half bad.

Read about the Sirtfood diet, which is Adele’s favorite healthy eating plan right now. Or about that time Chrissy Teigen went vegan

Loading More Posts...

You May Also Like

Sulwhasoo inscape event

Tap these 2 grounding rituals for an instant relaxation boost

Weelicious creator's morning routine

This healthy smoothie hack from the Weelicious creator will save you *so much* time in the morning

Energy vampires and how to keep them away

How to deal if someone in your life is an “energy vampire”

nike air society podcast

How these two mega-successful women channeled (literal) sweat into their career goals

Well+Good - The 3 key pieces to pulling off street style like Bella Hadid

The 3 key pieces to pulling off street style like Bella Hadid

Those sunscreen pills you've seen are a total scam—and super dangerous, says the FDA

Warning: Sunscreen pills don’t work, the FDA says