In many ways, wellness and fashion are very much alike. The drive to try the latest cold-pressed concoction is kinda like the desire to have that killer new handbag. (Only way healthier.)
New Yorkers Danniel Swatosh and Maria Margolies—the brains (and hearts) behind Heartbeet Juicery—totally get that, which is why in addition to their Instagram-worthy walk-up juice bar on the Lower East Side, they’ve also had a pop-up counter at Opening Ceremony, where chic shoppers can sip blends like Green Apple Juice while stocking up on staples (and designer splurges), and at Steven Alan in Tribeca.
But even though they’re beloved by the high-fashion world, Swatosh and Margolies maintain pretty modest beauty routines.
“I personally think that beauty comes mostly from inner strength, confidence, and balance in our lives,” Margolies says. “There is no magic cream, product, or pill that will make you eternally beautiful or youthful.”
She and Swatosh routinely work out (yoga, biking, and surfing are faves) and drink juice (duh!) to beautify from the inside out. Then they reach for just a few special products to help themselves stay glossy-mag gorgeous. —Jamie McKillop
1. Yerba Prima Tampico Skin Brush ($19) One of my most important daily routines is dry brushing my skin. It loosens dead skin cells and helps release toxins, stimulates the immune system, and leaves my skin smooth, glowing, and radiant.
2. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay ($20) Clay has been used for centuries as part of beauty rituals to refresh and replenish skin. This is a really amazing mask that removes impurities from my skin and nourishes it at the same time.
3. John Masters 100% Organic Argan Oil ($38) I love this oil. I use it every time I wash my hair. It keeps my frizz tamed, and gives shine and elasticity to my hair, especially when the weather is cold.
Danniel Swatosh’s Picks:
4. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Jaffa ($15) I love having my nails painted in various wild colors, but I can’t stand the toxic smell of a nail salon. I prefer to paint my nails at home and use Butter London nail lacquer. They have awesome vibrant colors, without formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, or carcinogens.
5. Aubrey Organics Natural Sun Sunscreen SPF 30 in Unscented ($15) My family is into surfing and snowboarding, which means we’re basically outdoors all year long, so sunscreen is very important. This one has all natural ingredients, is zinc-based, and has no fragrances, parabens, or petrochemicals.
6. Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil ($5) Unrefined coconut oil is not only delicious and nutritious, it’s amazing for the skin. Nutiva is by far my favorite brand: It’s inexpensive, aromatic, flavorful, certified organic, cold-pressed, and chemical-free. I use it on my skin…and in my salads!
For more information, visit www.heartbeetjuicery.com
Loading More Posts...