Luckily, if you’re living the dairy-free life—or are just hunting for a healthier alternative—you don’t have to miss out: nice creams are officially trending. (Yes, even on the Well+Good Instagram.) Never heard of it? Basically, it’s another name for vegan ice cream.
Nut milk, dairy-free yogurt, or fruit (banana is the most popular—maybe fruitarians are onto something?) is used in place of cream, and natural or alternative sweeteners are used instead of sugar—so you won’t crash a couple hours after your afternoon snack.
Even better? It’s super easy to make. Here, we’ve pulled together three very different—but equally tasty—nice cream recipes, all featuring four ingredients or less (because any time you spend in the kitchen during the summer should be limited). We used Cusinart’s new Fruit Scoop Frozen Dessert Maker to skip a few steps, but a blender will work just fine.
Ready to scream for nice cream? Keep reading for three editor-approved, easy-to-make healthy nice cream recipes.
Chocolate Coconut Nice Cream
1. Add pitted dates to the blender and process until only small bits remain.
2. Scoop the coconut cream out of the cans. If you’re using a dessert maker, go ahead and drop it in. If you are using a blender, place the cream into a bowl and whip it until it’s creamy and smooth. (Dessert makers are a bit gentler than blenders.)
3. Add the raw cacao and vanilla to the blender. Add in the coconut cream, if you haven’t already. Blend for two minutes.
4. Freeze for two hours.
Honey Peach Nice Cream
3 peaches, peeled and diced
1/4 cup honey
2 1/2 non-dairy yogurt
1. Puree peaches.
2. Add in honey and non-dairy yogurt, mixing it all together.
3. Freeze for two hours.
Avocado and Coconut Nice Cream
1. Place the coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
2. Blend the avocado and lemon juice until smooth.
3. Spoon out the coconut milk cream and add it to the blender, blending on low. (It should take on a whipped cream texture.)
4. Freeze for four hours.
Prefer to sip your summer deliciousness? Try one of these decadent vegan milkshakes. (Also, this watermelon smoothie will have your skin glowing. And here’s how to avoid bloat while you partake in the season’s best activities, from beach days to cookouts.
Loading More Posts...