Healthy Eating Plans Eating Vegetarian

Green Giant’s Frozen Cauliflower Pizza Crust Means the Healthy Dinner #win Is Officially Mainstream

Photo: Stocksy/Natasa Mandic
Not too long ago, the only way to satisfy a cauliflower-crust pizza craving was to make the vegetarian recipe yourself, from scratch, and turning your entire kitchen into a mess in the process. Now, frozen-veggie staple Green Giant is joining the trendy meal-prep ranks with its latest affordable veggie-based product. And the development is about to make your life much easier.

It turns out the company's line of frozen zoodles was just the beginning of its endeavors in the world of low-carb, veggie-packed meals. According to PopSugar, Green Giant's newest product is none other than cauliflower pizza crust—in Original and Tuscan flavors—that claim to have 50 percent fewer calories than typical flour crust. Both varieties are totally vegan, making them the perfect weeknight staple for everyone—especially those who avoid eggs or cheese, two ingredients many big brands offering similar products commonly use to keep the crust from falling apart.

Green Giant's newest offering is none other than tcauliflower pizza crust—in Original and Tuscan flavors—that claim to have 50 percent fewer calories than typical flour crust.

The crusts—which are set to arrive in stores this fall, according to Green Giant—contain 80 calories per serving, which is 1/4 of the pizza. And while cauliflower is the clear star of the show, accounting for 80 percent of the ingredients, the other 20 percent of the Original version contains rice flour, corn starch, corn flour, cornmeal, canola oil, salt, and black pepper. The Tuscan version, on the other hand, uses the same base ingredients with the addition of garlic powder, dried oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary, and parsley for flavor. You know, basically everything that's in your mini kitchen herb garden.

So not only will you get a quality cauliflower pizza option without a list of 100 weird ingredients you can't pronounce, but you'll also take in 2 grams of protein and only 16 grams of carbohydrates per serving. Quick, easy, and healthy pizza, here. you. come.

These 10 cauliflower rice recipes need to get on your plate ASAP. Or find out why cauliflower belongs in your smoothies, too.

Loading More Posts...