Chocolate bark has been a holiday staple for years, but it's no surprise that it's typically loaded with refined sugar, dairy, and other ingredients some of the people on your list try to avoid. Luckily, there's a version everyone on your list can enjoy. Herbalist and holistic health coach Rachelle Robinett's dark chocolate recipe only requires a handful of ingredients, including cacao, vanilla, and maple syrup. After pouring it onto a sheet pan, freeze until solid, then break it apart.
Now that it's ready to go, you can divvy it up into holiday-themed candy gift boxes, which you can find right on Amazon. (This option made from recycled paper comes in a pack of 50, and since it's plain, it will be easy to decorate.) It isn't just a thoughtful gift that shows you care. It's also a delicious one that will have everyone begging you for the recipe.
Rachelle Robinett's healthy dark chocolate bark recipe
1 cup cacao butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1. Melt cacao butter in a double boiler, or in a bowl over a pot of boiling water.
2. Once it's melted, remove from heat and whisk in maple syrup.
3. Add raw cacao powder, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Stir until combined.
4. Pour onto a sheet pan lined with wax or parchment paper, then sprinkle on your toppings of choice.
5. Freeze for 15 minutes, or until solid. Break apart.
Want more healthy dessert ideas? These vegan, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are always a win. Then check out 11 of the most indulgent chocolate desserts that are actually good for you.
Loading More Posts...