Hip opening exercises strengthen your muscles, yes, but they also provide the relief your body so desperately craves. The next time you feel the tightness start to creep in, make your way down this list. You'll be able to relieve all that tension in record time.
- Alicia Ferguson, co-founder of BK Yoga Club
- Andrea Russell, yoga teacher in New York City.
- Chloe Kernaghan, co-founder of Sky Ting Yoga in New York City
- Francesca Valarezo, Francesca Valarezo is a yoga and meditation teacher in New York City.
- Krissy Jones, co-founder of Sky Ting Yoga in New York City.
- Megan Roup, founder of The Sculpt Society
- Paris Alexandra, wellness practitioner and co-founder of BK Yoga Club
- Tess Koenig, Tess Koenig is a yoga and meditation teacher.
- Val Verdier, Val Verdier is a yoga instructor at Modo Yoga in New York City.
The best hip opening exercises to relieve tightness
1. Wheel pose
The wheel pose is great at opening the hips, as well relieving tension in your chest and shoulders.
2. Three-legged downward facing dog
This video is filled with hip-opening poses, but one in particular you'll love is the three-legged downward dog.
3. Side lunge
The side lunge is the perfect exercise for anyone who has tight hips, as it gives you a nice stretch along your inner thigh.
4. Happy baby
One of the many feel-good, hip-opening stretches in this yoga flow is happy baby, which releases tension in your hips and stretches your inner thighs and hamstrings.
5. Bridge yoga pose
Pushing your hips toward the ceiling in this pose always feels great on super-tight hips and leg muscles.
6. Crescent lunge
This deep stretch targets your hip flexors, legs, and groin, providing some relief after a long day of sitting.
7. Pigeon pose
The second you move into pigeon pose, your hips basically breath a sigh of relief. It feels that good.
8. Triangle pose
Aside from opening your hips, triangle pose also provides a nice stretch for your hamstrings, shoulders, chest, and groin.
For a full 15 minutes of hip opening exercises, try this yoga flow:
Oh hi! You look like someone who loves free workouts, discounts for cult-fave wellness brands, and exclusive Well+Good content. Sign up for Well+, our online community of wellness insiders, and unlock your rewards instantly.
Loading More Posts...