When was the last time you thought about what you really wanted? I'm not talking about a matcha latte or new leggings (don't get me wrong, those are both great), but about the ambitions you might be afraid to share or the needs you have a hard time saying out loud. Positive vibes guru, number one New York Times best-selling author, and Well+Good Council member Gabby Bernstein says realizing your desires could be as simple as—somewhat counterintuitively—letting go.
I’m going to say something that might sound pretty radical: Life is meant to feel good. We are meant to experience joy and serve the world in profound ways.
As a spiritual teacher, I'm committed to helping you attract what you desire and live a miraculous life. I'm committed to guiding you to wake up to your Super Attractor power! When you're able to effortlessly align with the loving energy of the universe and manifest the life you want, you are a Super Attractor. The best part: We all have the capacity to be Super Attractors.
To begin your journey, follow these five principles—and keep reading to learn how you can go even deeper with me.
1. The universe always says yes. Every thought you have is an energetic message. The universe is always listening, and it always says yes. So you will receive whatever you put out—whether you want it or not. To attract what you desire, you first need to clean up your energetic requests.
There's a simple way to check the energy behind your request: Say out loud what it is you want to call into your life. Then immediately write down in a notebook how it makes you feel to say it. If it makes you feel excited, inspired, and hopeful, then you're energetically aligned with it. If it makes you feel fearful, anxious, or uncomfortable, then there's a misalignment.
If you feel misaligned with the request, you can shift your energy with this simple affirmation: "I welcome infinite possibilities and I’m open to receive." This takes the pressure off your request and opens you up to great possibilities. Sometimes we don't believe we're worthy of our desires. Just repeat this affirmation, release your desire, and feel good about all the possibilities that are available to you. Feeling good is the key to attracting.
2. It’s good to feel good. Believe it or not, but most of us resist feeling good. We've grown comfortable in a state of fear and learned to rely on it as a way of protecting ourselves from being disappointed, hurt, or triggered. In order to become a Super Attractor, you need to welcome worthiness and happiness. The next time you catch yourself thinking, "I better not get my hopes up," pause and then go ahead and let yourself get your hopes up. Dwell in the good feelings that arise when you allow yourself to dream big.
3. The more you tune in, the more you attract. Many people believe that we need to push and control to get what we want in life. But trying to "make things happen" is one of the greatest blocks to manifesting. Being a Super Attractor is about strengthening your faith and tuning into the energy of love so you can receive.
Your true power lies in this capacity to tune in. In stillness we connect, so the most powerful way to do this is to meditate every day. Meditation can be as simple as finding your pulse. I've nicknamed this meditation Peace Is in Your Pulse, and it's perfect for beginners. It improves your concentration and brings calm to even the most scattered mind.
How to do it:
1. Sit comfortably cross-legged on the floor.
2. Lightly close your eyes and focus on the space between your eyebrows (the third-eye point).
3. Bring to mind the mantra Sat Nam (which means “truth identified”).
4. Place the four fingers of your right hand on your left wrist and feel your pulse. The fingers are in a straight line, lightly pressed on the wrist so you can feel your pulse in each fingertip.
5. On each beat of your pulse, mentally hear the sound of Sat Nam.
This meditation can be done any time, anywhere, and you can experience great benefits in just one minute. Practice it daily to develop your intuition and calm your mind.
4. Fun is the destination. Joy is the most powerful vibration you can embody. When you calibrate your energy to the experience of joy, you become a magnet for your desires. And joy's greatest partner is appreciation. When we're in a state of appreciation we're actively creating more of what we want and letting go of resistance.
You can begin cultivating both right now by consciously seeking out ways to have fun and express your gratitude. Getting together with friends, exploring a hobby you've been ignoring, keeping a gratitude journal—these are all powerful ways to raise your vibration.
5. Put out what you want to receive. We clarify our desires through the power of intention. Being a Super Attractor isn't about trying to control every thought that passes through our mind or living in some utopia without challenges. It's about raising our vibration so we can powerfully co-create with the universe.
The universe is always guiding you to the highest good for all. Living with positive expectations clears the path for solutions in all situations, even the difficult ones. When we align our thoughts and energy with spiritual faith, we can expect miracles.
To go deeper with Gabby on these five manifesting secrets, join her for her Super Attractor Workshop (available via Livestream) on November 30th. The workshop is free when you preorder her new book, Judgment Detox. Gabby Bernstein is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Universe Has Your Back, and her other bestsellers include Miracles Now, May Cause Miracles, Add More ~ing to Your Life, and Spirit Junkie. She is the founder of the Spirit Junkie Masterclass training and the Miracle Membership. Oprah’s SuperSoul Sunday named her a “next-generation thought leader,” and The New York Times called her “a new role model.” She appears regularly on The Dr. Oz Show and Today. Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
What should Gabby write about next? Send your questions and suggestions to email@example.com.
This story was originally published on November 13, 2017; it was updated on September 27, 2018.
Loading More Posts...