Avocados have already taken over your breakfast, lunch, and even dessert. But now, the beloved healthy fat is dominating snack time. And leave it to nutritionist and The Keto Diet author Leanne Vogel to find a way to make them the starring ingredient in a ketogenic recipe.
"Because avocados are naturally low-carb with plenty of fiber and fat, they are the best choice for ketogenic-friendly fries," says Vogel. "And when they're cooked in oil, they get crispy just like fries should!" So there's no need to worry about your avo-fries turning to mush.
Vogel then takes her keto snack to a whole new level with an ACV-mayo dipping sauce. It turns, out holding your nose and knocking back a shot isn't the only way to reap the nutritional benefits of the wellness world's most popular vinegar.
If you're curious about trying out the ketogenic diet—or are just sick of avocado toast—this recipe is just what you've been waiting for.
Keep reading for Leanne Vogel's ketogenic avocado fries recipe.
Ketogenic avocado fries
Yields 4 servings
1. Make the fries by cutting the avocados lengthwise into fry-like strips—you can get four or five strips per avocado half. Lay the strips on a clean surface and dust with salt, covering all sides.
2. Place the avocado oil in a large frying pan and turn the heat to medium. Heat for one minute.
3. Add the avocado strips to the hot oil and fry until golden on one side, about four minutes. Fry them in two batches if needed to avoid overcrowding the pan. Carefully flip each strip over and repeat until all the strips are golden on all sides. Transfer the completed fries to a clean plate and repeat with any remaining uncooked fries.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the salt and apple cider vinegar.
5. Once all the fries are done, sprinkle with the parsley and pepper. Serve with the dipping sauce and enjoy immediately.
Each week we spotlight a healthy-delish recipe that’s truly genius (and easy to make) from someone who’s wowed us in the food world. We’re talking buzzy cookbook authors and Instagram foodies to brilliant chefs. You can find more mouthwatering must-try ideas from the Recipe of the Week archive.
Loading More Posts...