9 Thoughts That Cross Your Mind When You Can’t Fall Asleep
Sleep: It's a necessary part of human life in which we all partake despite it being elusive for so many of us (except Jenna Dewan Tatum's baby, who sleeps like…a baby, thanks to a special essential-oil blend).
Maybe you've wondered, How do I get the best sleep of my life? Do I need 6 hours of sleep? 10? Does the answer lie (ha!) in an all-natural mattress? The questions could go on forever.
Whether your sleep routine is down pat (diffuser on, lights off) or self-sabotaged with some midday napping and caffeine overload, a solid night of shut-eye isn't always a guarantee.
And we've all been there, tossing and turning in the middle of the night, going full A Beautiful Mind by doing mental cartwheels to calculate the bare minimum of sleep required to not feel drunk at work the next day. So next time you're wide awake when you would rather be literally anything but, just remember there are so many others just like you in a bed nearby.
Keep scrolling to see the 9 thoughts you have when you can't sleep.
1. Should I try counting sheep? Does that actually work?
2. When did I have my last cup of coffee?
3. Maybe if I stop thinking about how I can’t sleep…ugh, now that’s all I can think about.
4. It's happening, it's happening, I’m finally falling asleep…nope, still awake!
5. Do I have to pee?
6. I really should have turned off my phone hours ago.
7. Should I embrace the insomnia and do some meal-prepping or hold out for some shut-eye?
8. How many hours of sleep do I *actually* need in order to be productive tomorrow?
9. Pleeeaaase stop snoring!
Try the yoga pose that helps Elle Macpherson fall asleep, and then check out what your snooze position says about your mental health.
Loading More Posts...