With back-to-school season fast approaching, we're finding ourselves dreaming about crunchy brown leaves and pumpkin spice everything. While we’re all for updating our wardrobes and planning autumnal trips, we also like to start anew with a fall reset. As much as we adore a tidy space, though, we’re not trying to forego the season’s beautiful weather to spend hours indoors scrubbing on our hands and knees. And we’d bet you aren’t, either. That’s why we went ahead and scoured the web for the best home cleaning tools that will help you clean your place in half the time.
10 home cleaning tools that'll save you time *and* energy
Take the guesswork out of cleaning your floors by outfitting your home with a Dyson V11 Torque Drive De-tangle Cordfree Vacuum. This innovative vacuum is designed to automatically adjust between floors so that it can easily and effectively lift dirt, debris, and pet hair—whether it’s moving over carpet, hardwood, tile, or linoleum. The vacuum comes with a rechargeable batter and a variety of attachments, including a crevice tool and upholstery tool. In that way, this stick vacuum can also be used as a compact handheld vacuum, so you can use it to detail your car, too.
- On sale for $150 off
- Filtration system captures 99.99 percent of microdust particles
- Converts to a handheld vacuum
- Cord-free and rechargeable with 60 minutes of power
- Comes with 7 different vacuum attachments to help with hard-to-reach places
- Even with the discount, it’s pretty expensive
The best part about Scrub Daddy sponges is how versatile they are. If you use them with cold water, they’re firm and work well to remove stubborn stains and built-up gunk. If you use them with warm water, however, they soften for deep, scratch-free cleaning. And they’re not just for the kitchen! They work well in showers, tubs, on car wheels, and more.
- Long-lasting, durable design
- Temperature-controlled rigidity allows you to use it as a tough scrubber in cold water
- Ergonomic design fits the shape of your hand
- No attachments or features
As convenient as the Dyson vacuum is, we totally understand that some people simply don’t have the time or energy to maneuver a vacuum—but they still want tidy floors (especially when you have kids or pets, or both, and the mess is literally non-stop). If that sounds relatable, you’ll benefit from equipping your home with an iRobot Roomba. Outfitted with sensors, this robot vacuum, which is designed to run for up to 90 minutes at a time, is able to maneuver around floors without falling over edges or bumping endlessly into furniture. If it does make contact, however, it simply reroutes to achieve the deepest clean possible. Once it’s full, the Roomba then returns to its docking station to dump the dirt it picked up along its route.
- Automatically cleans itself
- Built-in WiFi allows you to customize the vacuum’s cleaning path and schedule
- Cliff Sensor keeps the vacuum from falling off of stair steps or ledges
- Dirt Detect feature allows the vacuum to locate dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Home, and Siri
- While innovative, it’s a bit pricey
If your bathroom is looking rough, it’s time to make cleaning it a lot less of a hassle. That’s where Don Aslest’s Grout Brush with Squeegee comes into play. This brush makes scrubbing tile less of a pain thanks to its ergonomic, extended shape which is easy to maneuver. Once you’re done scrubbing, flip the brush over and use the squeegee side to wipe dirty water away.
- Removable 5-foot handle allows you to scrub without getting on your hands and knees
- Four rows of bristles
- Squeegee allows you to wipe away dirty water
- No ergonomic handle shape for use without the pole
If you have stainless steel appliances in your home, you likely know how easily they can get covered in fingerprints and smears. With the Simplehuman Microfiber Mitt, however, that will be a worry of the past. Simply dampen the mit and buff out your stainless steel appliances to make them sparkle like new.
- Great price point
- Microfiber material cleans and polishes with ease
- Has a cloth loop for hanging it up when not in use
- Without proper stainless steel cleaning sprays, it might leave streaks after cleaning
Tired of how long it takes to gently but effectively wash wine and champagne glasses? This rounded brush will speed up the process. All you have to do is slide the glass onto the brush, twist it a few times, rinse it out, et voila!
- Great price point
- Long handle makes it perfect for cleaning tall bottles
- Slip-free handle
- Stiff blue bristles and soft white bristles give a deeper clean
- While lengthy, the handle might not be long enough to clean super large bottles
Do your pets shed like crazy? And, if so, do you find it nearly impossible to lift up their pet hair? This nifty tool will be a godsend, then. This three-piece detailer set includes the X6, X3 Mini, and X3 Pro pet hair remover tools to grasp embedded pet hair and effectively remove it for cleaner carpets in seconds.
- Contains six cleaning tools in one
- Removes stubborn pet hair
- Works on multiple surfaces
- It’s great for scraping up pet hair, but has no mechanism to hold onto the pet hair
If you’re looking for a more eco-conscious way to mop your floors (and don’t want to deal with the pain that is a traditional mop), look no further: Casabella’s mop kit comes with a reusable cloth that attaches to the bottom of the mop and a small bottle of cleaning solution concentrate (that smells like fresh lemongrass).
What’s cool about this mop is that you can just press the spring handle and it sprays the cleaning solution in front of you (so you don’t have to walk around with a spray bottle). It’s way more earth-friendly than a Swiffer, and much easier to use than a mop. Our senior commerce editor loves this buy, saying that it’s a total game-changer (“It, no joke, cut my cleaning time in half because it’s so convenient!”).
- Comes with the mop, a bottle of cleaning fluid, and a mop pad
- Microfiber mop pad is machine-washable
- Biodegradable, non-toxic, and free of phthalate, parabens, BPA, and carcinogens
- Refillable mop bottle
- Safe for multiple surfaces thanks to the pad’s neutral pH
- Pricier than other spray mops
This deep-cleaning set is designed for getting into grout, shower door cracks, and more. It’s a great option for anyone looking to detail their bathroom or kitchen, as it will ensure that no inch goes left unseen, whether it’s beneath a faucet or underneath a stovetop eye.
- Great price point
- Includes a large brush and smaller detail brush
- Small brush includes a wiper blade
- Non-slip handle grips
- Handles may be too wide for some people to grip properly
We can’t get enough of OXO when it comes to cleaning products, if you haven’t noticed!
Whether you’re someone who solely uses their coffee pot or someone who likes to whip up entire eight-course meals, there’s a very good chance that the kitchen appliances in your home could use a little sprucing. Rather than taking them apart and soaking them, consider buying the OXO Good Grips Kitchen Appliance Cleaning Set. This 2-piece brush set, which includes a scraper and classic brush, is designed to easily reach all the nooks and crannies of common household items, like coffee machines, blenders, mixers, and more for a deep, detailed clean.
- Great price point
- Angled brush tackles hard-to-scrub places
- Loop brush great for cleaning blenders and juicers
- Both tools come with scraper ends for digging out compacted dirt and food
- Pretty small, so not great for larger cleaning tasks
Loading More Posts...