From hot brushes to straightening irons, using the right hair tools makes a world of difference for vibrant, healthy hair. At Well+Good, we’ve tested countless hair tools and are privy to what actually gets the job done. One place you might not think to look for high-quality styling tools? Home Shopping Network. HSN is not just your go-to for kitchen gadgets and fashion finds; it's a goldmine for high-quality hair tools that might have flown under your radar. We scoured HSN’s offerings to curate a list of tried-and-tested tools that deserve a spot in your hair care routine. From cutting-edge technology to user-friendly designs, these top-rated hair tools will become your new beauty staples. Read on for a few of the best hair tools HSN has to offer.
HSN's Top-Rated Hair Tools, At a Glance:
- Best hair dryer: Shark, HyperAir 3-Piece Ultra-Fast Dryer Set, $230
- Best straightener: Dyson, Corrale Hair Straightener, $500
- Best all-in-one hair tool: Dyson, Airwrap Multi-Styler, $600
- Best bundle: Drybar, Baby Buttercup Bundle, $160
- Best heat-free curlers: Kim Kimble, 12-Piece Silk Twist Hair Rollers, $49
- Best coily-hair combs: Kazmaleje, KurlzPlus 2-Piece Set, $36
Shop 7 Top-Rated Hair Tools From HSN
I’ve always wanted a swanky Dyson hair dryer but could never bring myself to fork over the money. Luckily, my hair dresser told me about the Shark HyperAir 3, which she claimed was half as expensive but just as good. Now, I’m no pro stylist, but let me tell you: this thing is awesome. I use the round brush attachment to add lift and curl to my long curtain bangs, then swap out for the precision styling attachment to finish off the rest of my head. Plus, it has three heat and three airflow settings that change depending on your attachment (but you can also adjust them yourself easily), as well as a cool-shot button for a healthy finish.
- Set includes the dryer, two attachments, and a cleaning brush
- Temperature and airflow automatically adjusts depending on the attachment
- Lower price than Dyson
- Color availability may vary
Still using your cheap hair straightener from college? It’s time to move up to the big leagues. This gorgeous straightener from Dyson is a bit of an investment, but it goes places other straighteners can’t—literally, the Corrale Straightener can be used corded or cordless, thanks to the handy charging dock. With flexing copper alloy plates that gather around your hair for a more controlled style, you can straighten, curl, or create beachy waves with ease. Plus, it has an OLED display screen, three temperature settings (which can adjust automatically based on your hair type!), auto-shutoff and safety lock features, and a magnetic charging cable. Oh, and it comes with a heat-resistant travel pouch, so you can store it away immediately.
- Can be used corded or cordless
- Flexing plates help control hair for styling
- Heat settings can auto-adjust after detecting your hair length, texture, and temperature
- Only comes in one color
You know it, you love it, and you can find it at HSN. The coveted Dyson Airwrap is the tool that claims to do it all. We’ve seen it at work and can attest—if you’re willing to shell out the cash on this baby, it might just shorten your styling time. The set comes with the Airwrap itself and six attachments to help you customize your look:
- A Coanda smoothing dryer
- A 1.2-inch long barrel
- A 1.6-inch long barrel
- A soft smoothing brush
- A firm smoothing brush
- A round volumizing brush
Plus, the set also comes with a storage case and a cleaning brush to keep your precious investment in good shape.
- Comes with six attachments for varied hairstyles
- Safe for use on all hair types
- Cuts styling time by combining tools
- Requires 80 percent dry hair for best use (which requires another tool)
It’s safe to say that Drybar knows a thing or two about blowouts—and their Baby Buttercup Bundle has everything you need to recreate a salon-style ‘do at home. The set includes five Drybar fan-favorites:
- Prep Rally Prime & Prep Detangler, which uses sea berry oil for moisture, vitamins E and C to strengthen hair, and biotin to protect against heat and dryness.
- Hot Toddy Heat Protectant Mist, which protects hair from temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Detox Dry Shampoo, which uses ultra-fine rice powder to absorb oils and golden root extract to add moisture.
- A Baby Buttercup Travel Blow Dryer, which uses ionic technology to keep hair frizz-free while drying. It’s a travel-size, so it folds up easily, but it still features two heat settings and a seven-foot cord.
- A travel-sized Lil Lemon Drop hairbrush
- Comes with three top Drybar styling products and two styling tools
- Great bundle discount ($186 value)
- Baby Buttercup hair dryer folds up easily for travel
- Travel-sized blow dryer only has two heat settings
Want the look of curls but not the damage from a curling iron? Check out these 100 percent silk twist curlers from Kim Kimble. They’re a hit with customers thanks to their smooth, snag-free surface and easy twist-closed design. All you have to do is segment your hair then, using one of the 12 silk curlers, roll the segment around the soft center and twist the ends together. You also can achieve wider curls by using larger segments of hair and tighter curls with smaller segments.
- Soft, snag-free silk is gentle on hair
- Easy twist-to-close design
- Those with thicker hair might require more than 12 curlers
Coily, curly hair deserves special treatment, and this brush and comb set from Kazmaleje delivers. With cone shaped teeth that are gentle on your hair and scalp, both the paddle brush and pick comb glide through hair, detangling it with ease. Plus, the pointed tip is great for creating parts or segmenting hair for drying. You’ll find the set in both blue and pink.
- Great for all hair types, but especially coily or curly hair
- Cone-shaped teeth detangle hair like fingers
- Pointed end helps with parting and segmenting
- Heavy duty plastic might be less ideal for travel
Things to Consider While Shopping
We picked these hair styling tools because they're beloved by customers and W+G staffers alike. Still, as you shop, you'll want to keep a few things in mind:
Some of the high-quality styling tools on our list are on the pricier side, we know. If you consider a multi-styling tool like the Airwrap an investment, hundreds of dollars might pay off in the long run! But if you're hoping to score high-quality tools without breaking the bank, a bundle (like the featured pick from Drybar, above) may be more up your alley. Psst: We also have some Airwrap dupes you should check out.
Your Hair Type
Keep your unique locks in mind while shopping for any hair styling products. Whether you have straight strands or tight curls, you'll want to be sure the item you're eyeing caters toward your needs.
Last but absolutely not least, we should note that HSN sells only a limited number of the products they carry. That means colors, sizes, and stock in general might be limited depending on when you read this article. All this is to say, if you see something you like and you know it's a good deal, snag it while you can!
Loading More Posts...