That's the premise behind newly-released recipe collection The Turmeric Cookbook, which includes tips on how to use the healthful ingredient, an explanation of its many benefits, and, of course, 50 turmeric-inclusive recipes.
Through its diverse assortment of recipes, the book shows how this buzzy spice can be added to everything from juices and roasted vegetables to marinades and beyond. The most attention-grabbing recipe of all: deviled scrambled eggs with avocado on toast.
"Turmeric works brilliantly with eggs, and this recipe adds another nutritional dimension to your average avocado toast that is already loaded with healthy fats," says Kate Adams, the book's editor. If you've been haphazardly tossing a dash of turmeric into everything you eat or if you've been too timid to try the trend at all, this book is the answer for taking your super-spice game to the next level.
Ready to try it out? Scroll down to see the recipe for turmeric deviled scrambled eggs with avocado on toast.
Turmeric Deviled Scrambled Eggs with Avocado on Toast
Plain avocado toast will always be a delicious breakfast, but to really up the ante—and reap the anti-inflammatory benefits—a few extra ingredients are needed. This recipe smashes together a cookout fave (deviled eggs) with the all-star breakfast staple.
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp hot paprika
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/3 cup nut milk
2 thick slices of sourdough bread
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1 ripe avocado
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tsp butter or coconut oil
Good pinch of dried red chili flakes
Sea salt flakes
1. Crack the eggs into bowl and beat with the spices and milk.
2. Preheat the broiler. Drizzle the sourdough slices with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt flakes, and place under the broiler.
3. Meanwhile, cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out the flesh and mash it with the lemon juice and a little salt.
4. Melt the butter or coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat and crack in the eggs along with a good pinch of salt. Let cook for several seconds until it starts to set on the bottom and then gently fold the eggs over and into one another. Do not stir the eggs. Remove from the heat when the mixture is still just slightly liquid.
5. Spread the toasted sourdough with the mashed avocado and spoon the scrambled eggs on top. Sprinkle with chili flakes and serve immediately.
While you wait for your copy of The Turmeric Cookbook to arrive, find out how much turmeric you should actually be ingesting and then expand your recipe repertoire with these 5 unexpected turmeric-centric ideas.
Loading More Posts...