- Tracy Lockwood Beckerman, MS, RD, CDN, registered dietitian and women’s health expert
The Best Baked Oatmeal Recipes To Make for Breakfast
1. Warming chai baked oatmeal
This chai baked oatmeal is filled with warming spices like cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg.
2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of cardamom
Pinch of nutmeg
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of goji berries
1 1/2 cups of mashed bananas
2 cups almond or cashew milk
Fruit to decorate
Sprinkle of almond butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, vanilla, goji berries, bananas, and milk into a bowl.
3. Garnish mixture with chosen fruit.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle almond butter over baked oatmeal.
2. Simple baked oatmeal
If you're looking for a super-simple baked oatmeal recipe, this foolproof formula will never fail you. You can also swap in whichever ingredients you have on hand.
Almond milk (or alt-milk of choice)
Frozen mixed berries
Chopped nuts, like slivered almonds
1. Mix together your oats, almond milk, and nuts.
2. Grease a pan—like a casserole dish—and put the berries at the bottom.
3. Layer the oat/almond milk/nut mixture on top, and then bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
3. Baked banana and blueberry oatmeal
The banana and blueberry combo in this baked oatmeal recipe from Ella Mills of Deliciously Ella is perfectly sweet. It also contains walnuts, sunflower seeds, and cinnamon.
Get the recipe: Baked banana and blueberry oatmeal
4. Baked oatmeal bars
This recipe has it all. "It's like a mix between a bowl of oatmeal, a muffin and an oatcake," writes Nicki Sizemore of From Scratch Fast. "They're portable, golden on the outside, soft in the center, and irresistibly sweet."
Get the recipe: Baked oatmeal bars
5. Peanut butter & jelly baked oatmeal
Take your love of PB&Js to the next level with this baked oatmeal version that tastes just like the sandwich... but better.
Get the recipe: Peanut butter & jelly baked oatmeal
6. Apple vegan baked oatmeal
Can you beat waking up to a cozy baked oatmeal that's loaded with apples, warming cinnamon, and raisins? Nope.
Get the recipe: Apple vegan baked oatmeal
7. Carrot cake baked oatmeal
Listen up, carrot cake fans, because this one's for you. This recipe is loaded with shredded carrots, walnuts, maple syrup, spices, and non-dairy milk to give you a dessert-like breakfast.
Get the recipe: Carrot cake baked oatmeal
8. Pumpkin baked oatmeal
This pumpkin baked oatmeal isn't just perfect for fall. After you get a taste, you'll want to enjoy it year-round.
Get the recipe: Pumpkin baked oatmeal
How important is breakfast, really? An RD answers:
Loading More Posts...