By Kathy Caprino for Intentblog.com
Last week, I held a free teleclass for women on the “5 Reasons You’re Miserable at Work and What To Do About It,” based on key findings from my national research with scores of working women across the country and my book Breakdown, Breakthrough. More than 90 women signed up for the call, and they confirmed yet again what so many women have been unable able to say out loud until now, which is, “I’m unhappy at work, but I’m not sure exactly why or what to do about it!”
Whether you are a corporate professional, self-employed or in transition, if you need to find a different way to work, don’t worry. Help is on the way! And you’re definitely not alone.
Below are what I’ve found to be the top five reasons so many women are dissatisfied and unfulfilled at work, along with concrete tips to revise your situation and change course today.
The top 5 reasons I’ve discovered women are miserable at work are:
1. They find it impossible to balance work and family
2. They suffer from chronic financial distress
3. They struggle using skills and talents that aren’t “natural” to them
4. They feel chronically undervalued and disrespected
5. They experience little joy or positive meaning in their work
So, what can you do? Here are five ways to make a positive career change today…
More Reading from Intentblog.com: