For most people, mornings are pretty chaotic. Whether you squeeze in a workout or simply take five minutes to make your bed, there isn’t always time to whip up a healthy stack of pancakes or fancy takes on toast. The solution? Prepping breakfast in advance. Think of it as the grown-up version of that whole laying-your-clothes-out-the-night-before habit.
What better way to lure yourself out of bed than with something delicious awaiting you in your fridge? Enter, golden milk chia seed pudding. The trendy, Ayurveda-inspired take on the classic breakfast pudding is full of healthy fats (à la coconut milk) and anti-inflammatories like turmeric and ginger. Whether you have time to savor it at the breakfast table or pack it to eat on-the-go, you’ll be able to properly nourish yourself. (Bonus: No need to turn on the stovetop to heat up a mug of golden milk.)
This recipe comes from Jennie Miremadi, MS, nutritionist, holistic nutrition coach, and EFT practitioner, whose crash diet-free approach to eating embraces good-for-you fats, whole grains, and giving your body the nutrients it needs.
Scroll down for the golden milk chia seed pudding recipe that will transform your mornings.
Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding
Yields 2 servings
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
4 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp fresh turmeric
1/2 tsp fresh ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom
Vanilla stevia drops, to taste (optional)
Shredded coconut for topping (optional)
Fresh berries for topping (optional)
1. Blend coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, pepper, cinnamon, and cardamom in a Vitamix or other high-speed blender until combined thoroughly.
2. Combine coconut milk mixture with chia seeds and stevia in a bowl.
3. Stir until chia seeds are distributed evenly.
4. Pour into two glass jars and refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove chia seed puddings from refrigerator and sprinkle with coconut shreds and berries, if desired.
Loading More Posts...