25 Ways to Rev up Your Sex Life—in the Name of Health and Happiness, of Course
To see if sexual encounters could actually lead to an increased sense of well-being, Todd Kashdan, PhD, and a group of researchers at George Mason University recruited 152 college students aged 18 to 20—64 percent of whom were dating, living together in a relationship, or married, reports Psychology Today—and asked them to journal each night before going to sleep. In each entry, participants answered the question, "How meaningful did you feel your life was today?," along with other queries designed to assess their overall mind-set. And, of course, they were asked whether they'd had sex that day.
The log revealed that getting it on correlated with an overall feeling of well-being the following day. And the participants who said they experienced higher degrees of sexual pleasure and intimacy also reported having better moods. Plus, the researchers found that the relationship to be unilateral, meaning the romps were responsible for the next day's contentment because the reverse wasn't true: Experiencing well-being one day did not lead to sex, pleasure, or intimacy on the following.
Keep in mind, the study was conducted on a small sample that offered a limited age range, so the results are hardly infallible or reflective of people at all stages of life (although some might say the act just gets better with age). At the very least, though, let the info inspire you to spend a little more time, you know, doing it. In the name of good health, of course.
Here are 25 ways to dial up your happiness meter by living your best (sex) life.
2. This is how you like to get busy, according to your horoscope
3. 5 easy tantra techniques for a serious sexual energy boost
4. In defense of having sex when you're on your period
5. How to get your sex drive back after stopping the pill
6. The foods to eat for way better sex (no matter your relationship status)
7. The one thing you should do every morning for a healthier sex life
8. This blanket will make having sex on your period way less messy
9. Here's why you don't have a sex drive (and how to deal with it)
10. 5 ways that working out regularly will majorly rev up your sex drive
11. How to keep your sex life steamy (and pain-free) when you have endometriosis
12. 5 yoga poses that can give your sex life a *satisfying* boost
13. Sex experts answer *all* your burning questions about getting it on
14. The surprising way sex reduces stress
15. How much sex should you really be having to reap the benefits?
16. Can cannabis increase sexual pleasure?
17. The 5 things a relationship expert wishes you knew about sex
18. 5 surprising (and natural) ways to boost your sex drive
19. Why sex is different after having kids—and that's a good thing
20. Do you need to discuss sex first in order for it to be fulfilling?
21. How to deal when your partner has a lower sex drive than you (or vice versa)
22. How to (honestly) talk about sex in the era of #MeToo
23. 4 ways acupuncture can boost your sex drive
24. How to create more connection in your sex life
25. Why you should stop comparing your sex life to others (and start doing this instead)
Originally published on July 10, 2018. Updated on September 9, 2018.
If you're looking for places to take your S.O. before the action begins, these are the best nights to plan a date beneath the stars. And here's what your perfect night out looks like, according to your horoscope.
Loading More Posts...