Prepare to Fall Hard for These Gluten-Free Rose Pistachio Donuts
New relationship alert! This pairing is unexpected—but really sweet in all the right ways.
No, I'm not talking about Selena Gomez and the Weeknd. Instead, it's rose and pistachio, the two ingredients that get hot and heavy in this mouthwatering donut recipe.
The Valentine's Day-ready combo comes courtesy of Elizabeth Stein, best-selling cookbook author and founder of Purely Elizabeth. Like most relationships, these donuts (which also happen to be vegan and gluten-free) have a hint of sweetness, a dash of spice, and a whole lot of nutty.
Not to mention the fact that they make for a super-attractive couple. (Seriously, the only other twosome that could outdo them in the looks department is—if the rumors are true—Kate Hudson and Brad Pitt.)
The only downside? This might be just a one-night stand...since it's likely that a batch of these will disappear pretty quickly.
Here's how to make this gluten-free rose pistachio donut a reality—just in time for Valentine's Day.
Rose pistachio donuts
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
For the rose glaze
1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 1 hour
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp coconut butter, melted
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp beet powder
For the donuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease donut pan with coconut oil. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Add dry ingredients and stir until combined.
3. Pour batter into Ziploc bag with a half-inch opening.
4. Fill the donut pan. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
For the rose glaze
1. While donuts are cooking, make the glaze. Place all glaze ingredients into high-speed blender. Process until smooth and pour into shallow bowl.
Putting it all together
1. When donuts are cooled, dip into glaze to coat and sprinkle with rose petals and chopped pistachios.
Each week we spotlight a healthy-delish recipe that’s truly genius (and easy to make) from someone who’s wowed us in the food world. We’re talking buzzy cookbook authors and Instagram foodies to brilliant chefs. You can find more mouthwatering must-try ideas from the Recipe of the Week archive.
This Ayurvedic cider latte is the perfect donut-dunking beverage. If it's chocolate that makes your heart skip a beat, you'll fall hard for this homemade vegan chocolate nice cream.
Loading More Posts...