Erin Fetherston’s romantic, feminine designs have been turning heads from Fashion Week runaways to the racks at Bloomingdale’s in a big way this year. And the designer’s approach to her beauty bag mirrors her approach to conceptualizing a new dress.
“My beauty routine is less of a chore and more about having fun with my products,” says the Bay Area-native. “Everything about my designs and personal style is feminine and flirty, and beauty is the icing on the cake.”
That’s not to say she ignores the more mundane beauty musts. “I try to be diligent about the basics when it comes to my skin care—I always take off my makeup before I go to bed, cleanse, tone, and moisturize.” And she’s passionate about taking care of her hair to make up for styling damage.
Here’s what the hot designer is using right now:
1. Restorsea Reviving Cleanser ($65) I use this morning and night. It smells so fresh and has an amazingly smooth texture.
2. Laura Mercier Foundation ($32) This is a must. It makes my skin look flawless!
3. Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion ($30) I use this to finish off my styles once my hair is dry. It smoothes my hair and makes it super shiny without weighing it down.
4. Shu Uemura Art of Hair Silk Bloom Shampoo ($30.55) and Conditioner ($41.50) I love Shu Uemura products. The Silk Bloom duo has a really fresh fragrance and helps save my strands from everything I put them through.
5. Kerastase Initialiste Advanced Scalp and Hair Concentrate ($50) This serum is a miracle worker. I put it on and brush it through, and it makes my hair feel strong and full of body. —Lisa Elaine Held
For more information, visit www.erinfetherston.com
Loading More Posts...