Chase Lindsay Rosen is an accidental fashion blogger.
Last summer, after she started posting her stylish workout outfits on her personal Instagram and others took interest, Rosen started Athleisurely, which focuses on, well, athleisure, or that category of clothing made for the gym-to-street catwalk. At the time, she was doing freelance marketing consulting for different fitness instructors and studios.
“Because of my job, I was on a mission to find things I could wear to a class and then throw on a sweater and go to a meeting,” she says. “I kept discovering these brands, and everyone wanted to know where I was finding this stuff. Her discovery? “There’s more to life than Lululemon,” she says.
Rosen now works full-time doing marketing for Bandier, the go-to New York City boutique for emerging fitness fashion labels, and Athleisurely has started to gain traction (it now has upwards of 9,000 Instagram followers), thanks to her eye for super stylish pieces, not the stereotypical fashion blogger perfect pose or windswept hair.
“I’m not narcissistic, and I don’t always love my body or the way I look in pictures,” Rosen says. “But I want to inspire others to have fun with fitness fashion. Heavy-set or super-thin, there is a brand for you.”
Here are the athleisure picks Rosen says are for definitely for her right now. —Jamie McKillop
1. Alala Mesh Bomber Jacket ($225) I’ve never met a bomber jacket I didn’t love. This one is super lightweight, perfect for spring and summer and adds a certain edge to your look. What I especially love about this piece is that the mesh fabric picks up whatever color you wear under it. It can be worn a million different ways.
2. APL Techloom Unisex TechLoom Pro Sneakers ($140) My APL sneakers from Bandier are my new favorite shoes to rock for a workout. No matter what class, these kicks are as comfortable as they are fashionable. The construction is seamless, supportive, breathable, and flexible, and they fit like a dream.
3. Michi Eleve Bra ($119) This bra is sexy, stylish, and definitely more leisurely than ath. I adore wearing it under a backless or sheer top. The design is exquisite and not to mention the silky fabric is moisture-wicking, breathable, and incredibly flattering.
4. K-Deer Haute Legz in Jody Stripe ($98) So, we’re all always taught that horizontal stripes are a no-no. Well, now they are a yes-yes. These K-Deer leggings are not only the most flattering pants I’ve ever put on, but the ombre style makes them the perfect understated statement piece. I also love that they have no seam and a high waistband.
5. HPE Combat Leggings ($120) If there was ever a pair of printed leggings that are equally fashionable and functional, these HPE ones would be it. They are compression, super soft, anti-sheer, anti-pilling, and made with silver (anti-bacterial) thread. They can be worn from the studio to the street no problem, and the beautiful blue colors are perfect to transition into spring.
For more information, visit www.athleisurely.nyc
Loading More Posts...