Breaking out no matter what age you are is an injustice—or at least it feels that way. But you shouldn’t have to slather on or ingest harsh chemicals just to stay blemish-free.
These ten must-reads explain how to get clear skin (and keep it that way), naturally. —Jamie McKillop
1. Dealing with the curse of adult acne
Pimples really never disappear for women. But you can absolutely tame the angry red bumps. A dermatologist, holistic facialist, and hormone expert explain how.
2. Facial oils that fight acne
Yes, we’re telling you to put oils on your acne-prone skin. No, we haven’t gone crazy. It’s actually one of the best tricks in the beauty book.
3. 10 natural ways to deal with acne that really work
It’s easy to feel like you don’t have control over breakouts. But clinical facialist Mandy Epley shares natural remedies for doing just that.
4. Beauty Aisle: Marie Veronique Organics Acne Relief Kit
Adult acne is a huge bummer, and the products typically made to treat it tend to be equally awful. But not these.
5. Confirmed: Dairy and sugar cause acne
Turns out, if you’re following the USDA nutrition guidelines and getting your 3 servings of dairy a day, you’re inviting a face full of pimples.
6. Beauty Aisle: Yes to Tomatoes Repairing Acne Lotion
Got breakouts and redness? This new lotion contains 1% salicylic acid from willow bark and doesn’t have that rank chemically acne-treatment smell. Summer staple!
7. The vitamin that can give you acne
Breaking out? Two types of vitamin B, found in nutritional supplements and energy drinks, might be to blame, says a top dermatologist.
8. The woman obsessed with mangosteen
After battling cystic acne for years, Annie Tevelin found that one fruit had a bigger impact on her skin than all of the creams or medicines she’d ever tried.
9. The summer beauty secret for beating breakouts
These two fermented foods will do wonders for preventing pimples. (Not that you ever get them.)
10. 9 summer beauty foods for no-makeup-needed skin
Beat the heat—and breakouts—with these cooling beauty foods for glowing summer skin.
Loading More Posts...