This role is responsible for evolving our product (websites and email) to meet the needs of our viewers, brand partners, and editorial staff. This person will work with teams across the company to refine the product features and roadmap, and will work with our out-of-house development firm, system vendors, and freelancers to execute those features and roadmap.
- Work in conjunction with executive team and cross-functional teams to lead product definition and roadmap
- Define and analyze metrics needed to make informed decisions about new products and existing product roadmaps
- Create functional specifications, including success metrics, user experience flow, wireframes, development needs, and timelines based on business requirements.
- Manage/oversee development resources and freelancers to ensure branding, deliverables and architecture align with our roadmap & main business goals (such as reader engagement, email subscriber acquisition, email engagement and deliverability, SEO traffic growth, ad viewability, etc.).
- Perform QA on new features and develop training plan for any internal team members who may use new features (editorial staff, ad operations, etc.)
- Oversee the execution of sponsored content campaigns (i.e. templates for custom content destinations, custom ad units, video player, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring general website health (pagespeed load time, uptime, keeping up to date with things like Google AMP pages and Facebook Instant Articles) and email health (email deliverability, list scrubbing, etc)
- Excellent project manager who can effectively take creative ideas and concepts and translate them into time-bound, executable product features delivered on time
- 4-7 years of experience at a digital company in product or digital production
- Solid grasp of web design principles and a good understanding of web technologies; experience in HTML and CSS a strong plus, but not required
- Experience working with Jira, Basecamp, Asana, WordPress, Mailchimp, and Brightcove Video Player a plus
- Experience working with online advertising and branded content campaigns a plus
- A working knowledge of media trends, ad tech, and industry innovations
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to think creatively and problem-solve independently
- Detail-oriented, accurate and thorough
- Loves technology and systems and new media
- Loves figuring things out
Full-time position based in New York, NY.
To apply, email [email protected] with your cover letter, resume, and subject line: “Product Manager.”
Director of Marketing
The Well+Good Marketing Director will be accountable for increasing advertising revenues and sponsorship sales by developing marketing programs and advertising products and services that successfully support those efforts. The role oversees a team of two digital marketers and reports into the SVP, Sales + Marketing.
- Oversee and lead a team of 2 marketing staffers (and growing) who execute and support sales marketing programs. This role is responsible for developing each team member individually, cultivating a positive and collaborative team environment and for implementing and enforcing approved sales marketing strategies, policies and procedures.
• Work closely with editorial and branded content departments to ensure alignment on editorial and marketing initiatives
• Drive key category growth to create sell-able opportunities across the year, determining cadence of editorial and event tentpoles
• Draft general presentations and high-level brand sales collateral
• Develop best-in-class proposals for top-tier and high-revenue RFPs, RFIs and proactive asks
• Own and foster key internal relationships across Account Management, Editorial, Branded Content and Video, and Events teams
• Participate in internal and external (client-facing) kick-off meetings
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced, high volume environment focused on both internal and external selling of ideas and concepts
- Can quickly synthesize an array of objectives and inputs to determine the right, executable solution
- Possesses strong people management skills and thrives in a collaborative environment
- Has superior writing skills that translates into clear and compelling marketing solutions and client proposals
- Possesses excellent presentation skills with the ability to engage and excite clients in a polished and professional manner
- Ability to leverage the same polished and professional manner to interface with and develop a rapport with internal stakeholders
- Is resourceful, solution-focused and a multi-tasker
- Has strong prioritization and time management skills
Full-time position based in New York, NY.
Email [email protected] with resume and subject line “Director of Marketing” to apply!
Well+Good is looking for a full-time advertising sales Account Executive. In this position, you will work closely with all parts of the company to develop creative advertising solutions for our partners. Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in the digital media industry, have a passion to live your healthiest life, and drive to succeed in a start-up environment.
- Prospect, negotiate and secure media partnerships with agencies and clients
- Achieve quarterly sales goals and maximize all revenue and growth opportunities for Well+Good
- Foster and nurture client relationships and be responsive, visible and relevant to designated account list
- Create advertiser solutions/advertising proposals, partnership programs for clients and agencies
- Participate in regular sales meetings and provide on-going reporting and feedback to sales management
- Participate in strategic planning for new online products and traffic-driving initiatives
- 5+ years of online advertising sales
- Proven go-getter with ability to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable sales environment
- Strong relationships with advertising agencies and national advertising clients within the publishing industry
- Diligent and motivated work ethic with a high energy, results-oriented styleExperience in high-volume cold calling and pitching to senior executives/stakeholders
- Doesn’t take “no” for an answer, leader in developing necessary materials to close new business
- Excellent communicator: outgoing, great writer, and public speaker
- Extra pluses: experience working with health and wellness brands and products; experience selling integrated programs (more than just banners)
Full-time position based in New York, NY.
Email [email protected] with resume and subject line “Account Executive” to apply!
Well+Good, the premier lifestyle and news publication dedicated to the wellness scene, has an immediate opening for a full-time writer and project manager, based in its airy and light-filled New York offices, where there may also occasionally be free green juices and coffee. This is not a remote position.
The editor will be primarily responsible for working with the video producer to create brilliant, super-watchable material, and writing content for several platforms that will accompany all videos.
This role is for a writer with experience elevating video content and maximizing it for engagement (clicks and virality). You’ll be conducting interviews with video subjects on shoots, creating content for WellandGood.com and all our social media platforms, and managing and editing the written and visual assets required to bring the videos to life.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for health + wellness, experience working at an online lifestyle site, and a strong suit for video. This is a fast-paced writing and editing role that requires stepping into the flow of a busy video production schedule, working alongside several departments such as editorial, branded content, design, social media. Strong interviewing, writing, editing, and project management skills are required.
The ideal candidate should also be positive, extremely organized, and adept at working under tight daily deadlines. This is the perfect opportunity for an editor who cares about wellness and video journalism in equal measure.
Note: You will NOT be editing video footage in software like Final Cut Pro. You will be publishing articles in WordPress and using task management tool programs like Asana. Text editors with video editing skills may apply, however.
- 3 years as a writer/editor with project management responsibilities
- Create all video-related content, including video titles, cards, captions, and credits; articles that feature the video and headlines; Youtube titles and content; and promotional ad copy for videos and social media
- Ability to think editorially about video content
- Leverage shoot time for social media content and future site content
- Displays brilliant interview skills and ability to think on the fly (typically during the shoot)
- Write and edit articles to support and promote video content
- Practice high standards of journalism while making sure that copy has wit, humor, and style
- Adopt and use the Well+Good editorial voice in video and text form
- Familiar with optimizing content and videos for SEO and Youtube
- Familiar with publishing to WordPress
- Manage the post-production editorial process for all video content, spearhead the task delegation process with the design, branded content, and social media teams
- Work closely with art department on creating quality video stills and photo assets for articles, social, and ad units
- Able to work autonomously and collaboratively
- A passion for health + wellness
- Ability to write and edit quickly with style and accuracy
- Loves collaboration and managing people
- Understands how to bring video content to life
- Familiarity with SEO and Google Analytics
- Diligent, self-motivated and eager to contribute
- Accurate, thorough, and detail-obsessed
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous assignments
- MS in journalism or a related field is a plus
- 3+ years of writing and editing or video equivalent
Email [email protected] to apply!
Graphic Design Intern
Well+Good is looking for a creative, self-motivated student to participate in our Graphic Design internship program. As a Graphic Design Intern, you’ll be an integral part of our team while working under our Senior Graphic Designer to create digital assets for editorial and social as well as occasional print work. This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student with a focus in Graphic Design to gain work experience with a small, hands-on team.
- Creating graphics for editorial features
- Creating social graphics and memes
- Creating marketing materials and printed graphics
- Creating quality deliverables in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong Hand sketching / Illustrations abilities
- Familiar with current design trends and typography
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Able to work under tight deadlines & proactive
- Interns should be available for a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Candidate must be able to bring their own laptop with CS5 or later.
If you are eager to learn, enjoy coming up with creative solutions to challenges, and want to gain real-world design experience, please apply!
If you are interested, please email your resume and portfolio to [email protected]
Working at Well+Good
Well+Good headquarters is based in New York NY. We have an incredible team of dedicated employees passionate about the health + wellness space, across the organization in editorial, sales + marketing, audience development, operations + client services, and design. Our team enjoys regular team workout events, an ongoing wellness speaker series, and a seemingly never-ending supply of healthy snacks and natural beauty samples!
Well+Good is the premier lifestyle and news publication devoted to the wellness scene—and its chic lifestyle components. Created by two journalists—and joined by many more—Well+Good is known for its impeccable reporting and trend-spotting on the healthy living beat. In five years, Well+Good has become the leading source of intel on boutique fitness and the juice industry, plus cutting-edge nutrition, natural beauty, and more. Well+Good is your healthiest relationship.