Say what you will about the Kardashians, but Kourtney will school you on what it means to eat clean. From using Manuka honey as a natural replacement for sugar to sticking to an anti-inflammatory diet, girl knows her stuff. And today on her app, she shared what she eats when she’s on a detox. (Hey, just like everyone else she’s a little more lax with her eating when she’s on vacation.)
“When I’m trying to get healthy, this is my go-to salad because it’s light, has protein, and is full of omega-3s.”
For some celebs, detoxing means consisting on nothing but sketchy juices for days, but Kardashian has a more filling and practical way to reset. (Bless.) “When I’m trying to get healthy, this is my go-to salad because it’s light, has protein, and is full of omega-3s,” she posted with a photo of her delish-looking meal.
Her recipe is simple, yet balanced. Besides lettuce (duh), she adds avocado, salmon, cucumber, carrots, olive oil, Himalayan salt, and lemon juice. But even on a detox, Kardashian isn’t about to eat a naked salad, topping things off with a homemade dressing that takes less than five minutes to make. And she doesn’t specify how many servings this makes, but you’ll have plenty enough to share with the Kims and Khloes in your life.
Keep reading for the recipe Kardashian swears by when she’s giving her system a break.
Kourtney Kardashian’s Detox Salad
3 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
1 large avocado
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 lb. of skinless, center-cut salmon
2 Tbsp olive oil
Himalayan sea salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
Juice from one lemon
For the salad:
1. Drizzle juice from one lemon on top of salmon and season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Heat frying pan to medium with two tablespoons of olive oil. Cook salmon until opaque. Only flip once—there should be about eight minutes total cooking time.
3. Place to the side and let rest for about five minutes.
4. Wash and chop romaine. Place in a large glass salad bowl.
5. Peel and dice cucumber and carrots. Add to salad.
6. Chop salmon into small cubes, then add to salad.
7. Dress the salad, and garnish with avocado. Add salt and pepper for flavor.
For the dressing:
1. Combine all ingredients and whisk until completely blended together.
2. Drizzle over salad.