The Ketogenic Cobb Salad That Takes Just 10 Minutes to Make
Anyone following the high-fat, low-carb ketogenic diet knows that it takes a bit of planning and prep to stick to it—just like most eating plans do. The trickiest meal of the day can be lunch, when carb-heavy sandwiches just won't do.
One major key is having a few easy, go-to recipes that take practically no time at all to whip up. That's where nutritionist Stephanie Pedersen's book Keto Lunches comes in.
In her book, Pedersen shares 100 quick lunch recipes, so you're never left sitting at your desk trying to figure out if any of the neighboring fast casual spots have anything keto-approved. One of her faves: the keto Cobb.
"The recipe is so easy to follow, comes together in minutes, and is hardy enough to pack for lunch. Plus, you can use substitutions if necessary," explains Pedersen. She credits the recipe's quick prep-to-eat turnaround to the fact that many of its protein-rich ingredients—like avocado, chicken, and eggs—are keto kitchen staples. Plus, the chopped romaine lettuce keeps the salad low-carb and consistent with the rest of the recipe's no-fuss vibe.
Keep reading for Pedersen's recipe.
Keto cobb Salad
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 medium avocado, diced
3 slices cooked bacon, minced
1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
1 large hard-boiled egg, roughly chopped
1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
1. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper, until emulsified. Set aside.
2. If packing the salad, divide the salad dressing between two lunch containers, pouring half the dressing into the bottom of each container.
3. Add the diced avocado to the salad dressing in each container.
4. Place all remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
5. Place the tossed salad on top of the dressing and avocado in each lunch container.
6. Seal immediately and store in the refrigerator.
7. Before eating, shake the container gently to distribute dressing.
Reprinted with permission from Keto Lunches © 2018 by Stephanie Pedersen, Sterling Epicure. Photographs by Bill Milne.
Here are seven keto-compliant snacks to work with your lunch flow and five grain-free granolas to make breakfast super quick, too.
Loading More Posts...