Diagnosed with both psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis at a young age, Nitika Chopra understands the impact health and beauty products can have on your lifestyle. For that reason, it’s not an easy thing to land a place in her makeup bag.
“I am so passionate about the energy behind everything in life,” says Chopra. “And that includes my beauty products.”
Chopra writes about living a joyful life despite challenges in her online lifestyle magazine, Your Bella Life.
She’s also the host of “Naturally Beautiful,” a new beauty talk show show set to debut this summer on Veria Living. (We’ll give you a head’s up closer to the debut!)
The vivacious New Yorker shared the beauty products that have made the cut for her beauty bag and what she has on hand to keep her looking camera-ready.
1. REN Mayblossom T-Zone Cleansing Gel ($32) This product is made for someone with an oily T-zone and combination skin, which is exactly what I have. In the past, I’ve felt that my cleansers often dried out my skin because I was trying to make sure to get rid of any excess oil. Unfortunately, this left my skin with dry patches and even made any pimples I had, worse!
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Foundation ($38) Like most women, I have been on a mad search for the perfect foundation since I first started playing around with it as a teen. I only recently found the foundation I’ve been dreaming about, but it was well worth the wait. My friends literally went on a buying frenzy when I wore it to brunch because they couldn’t get over how flawless my skin looked!
3. Fresh Crème Ancienne ($140) This cream is literally handmade by monks in a monastery because the combination has to be exact in order to have the most effective results. Plus the vitamin E, chamomile wax, and rosewater are just a few of the ingredients that help calm down my delicate under-eye skin and leave me looking refreshed.
4. Klorane Dry Shampoo ($18) I have a LOT of hair. I try not to wash it constantly so that it stays healthy. I have tried most of the best brands out there and hands down, I love this Klorane Dry Shampoo because it actually works and my hair smells great after!
5. Indie Lee The Body Balm ($32) I love to use the most natural balm I can find and that happens to be my Indie Lee. Her balm really helps my skin when nothing else works. I feel like I am taking great care of my skin, as well as moisturizing it, because it’s made with the best ingredients. —Amy Eley
For more information, visit yourbellalife.com